Monday 17 November 2014

It's Monday ! What are you reading?

from Sheila at Book Journey
Michael Connelly has a new book out, The Burning Room and that is what we are both reading in this household.
It is on our Kindles.  I have read every book Michael Connelly has ever written.  I don't read a lot of crime fiction though I tend to like it. I also read somewhere if you want to learn about the geography of a place then read crime fiction in that area.  It does tend to be true as these detectives do drive all over creation.

So far I am really enjoying this book but then I am only about 44% into it. I love the fact that Kindle tells you what percentage of the book you have read.

Our weekend was relatively quiet.  The week's activities and taking care of my old dog, Wally, who is 14 years old and has to get up at 4:30 to
do his business outdoors tires me out. He is up at 4:30 and then back to bed to get up about 5:30 to 6:00 for breakfast. Once the birds start making noise he is ready to get up. Once he wakes up he wakes up the other two dogs and the two cats who all converge on the kitchen. I always think, "Why do I have all these animals?" but when they all settle down to eat and their little tales are wagging I am glad to be up with them.  It wakes me up and then I have a couple of hours to do emails, Facebook and read blogs. It is very quiet with all of them asleep again.  But the lack of sleep does catch up so yesterday I slept most of the day.

I had a great birthday on Saturday and Mr. Penguin took the dogs and I to the beach for a run (the dogs, not us) and then out to dinner.  I got gifts for both  motorbiking and reading.  A gorgeous black leather jacket for the bike and a Penguin boxed set of the current popular chefs from a friend and a book voucher from another friend. All in all a good haul.  Birthdays are really fun usually. It is just a shame one has to get older though to enjoy them.

I am also finishing up the vintage Penguin "Buried Alive" that I will write about in more detail. I generally don't have two fiction books going but I had a day where I spent time soaking in a bubble bath and I can't read my Kindle in the bath. The Penguin worked much better.

I hope everyone has a good week and does at least one or two things that are bookish.
The very spoiled Wally

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. I promise to try very hard to reply to any message left.